Here are some interesting books, websites, papers and video’s that I’ve found useful during my studies so far. I’ll update the list as a find new gems to share with you.
- Work by Lars Svendsen. Great little book that really challenges the current concept of work.
- The Pleasures and Sorrows of Work by Alain de Botton. Great style, lots of pictures.
- “Does Working from Home Work? Evidence from a Chinese Experiment” – before Covid-19, this easy to read academic paper looks at the impacts of working from home.
- On the Phenomenon of Bullshit Jobs: A Work Rant by David Graeber. An online thought-provoking article.
- The Divided Brain (RSA Animate) – Who doesn’t love a good animation? This is a great explanation of how our brain works and how it can impact flourishing.
- Now is the best time in human history – watch this if you are feeling sad and depressed watching the news on TV. Barack Obama at his best!
- What makes a good life? – fantastic TED talk looking at the longest running research project
- Flourish by Martin Seligman. Interesting book exploring one of the flourishing frameworks
- UK Well-being measures – Office for National Statistics